NFL opening day has come and gone, in fact the season is 1/4 over. We've missed premiere week after premiere week and have been forced to spend heaps of time participating in useless rituals like reading books and taking long walks around the lake.
Here's a brief rundown of Comcast related events:
- Cable goes out on Friday, August 31.
- Call placed to Comcast for service.
- First possible appointment scheduled, for Labor Day, Monday, September 3rd.
- September 2nd.
- Cable's been out for 3 days.
- Receive a call from Comcast to confirm tomorrow's appointment.
- Monday, September 3rd.
- Cable's been out for four days.
- Wait all day for Comcast.
- Comcast does not show up.
- Call to discuss events and am told by Comcast that the appointment was canceled.
- Due to a "known problem in the area".
- And that it is their policy to cancel appointments without contacting the appointee.
- Even after confirming the appointment.
- Requested to be contacted by a supervisor.
- Scheduled another service appointment.
And with that, I'm over my bullet reluctance. All told, for the honor of watching Dexter and Shark tonight, we spent:
- 6 hours on hold (towards the end there, I just placed the call then took a shower)
- 33 daytime minutes due to Comcast's automated confirmation calls and follow up surveys
- and a grand total of (seriously, not exaggerating here) 24 hours waiting for Comcast to show up.