Thursday, June 1
Hey, I could really use a little help here, guys. Please use the poll on the right to cast your vote, preferably immediately if not sooner, to have a hand in determining my office fate.
Since, probably not too much unlike you, I spend so many hours at the office everyday (nearly as long as I spend getting to and from said office), you can imagine that where one sits can be of utmost importance. If you’re not sure why, please follow this link.
I have been given the opportunity to move from where I currently sit (illustrated by the purple circle above; yep, that’s me right next to the front door) to another cube (demonstrated by a green circle in the same diagram). The big red box is the bosslady; blue dots are other souls who also currently find themselves confined to this workspace.
Noteworthy items regarding this potential move include:
- Green dot sits much closer (catty-corner) to bosslady.
- Bosslady must pass green dotted cube every time she leaves her desk (whereas in current, purple-dotted locale, bosslady may or may not pass depending on the exit door of her choice). Exit/entrance options are illustrated by red arrows.
- Green-dotted desk area is considerably smaller than purple-dotted desk area.
- Green-dotted desk area provides a considerable increase in privacy (it having 1/3 more walls, for example) yet is still kind of open.
- Green-dotted area offers escape from the baby canary-eating printer.
- Note that neither area is particulary distant from bosslady; diagram is not far from actual size.
Please do not be alarmed. I will, in no way, hold you or your families responsible for any future consequences of my actions (you know, unless they're good concequences, then I'll take you all for a carmel frap) . I am merely requesting your opinion. And thank you for your support.