Monday, January 22

HOW Much You Pay For Condo?!

An intervention took place this morning in aisle 5 of our local Lowe's hardware establishment. During this meeting of the minds, my lack of a designer girlie gene was put on display for all to see. Despite my humiliation and lighting-associated turmoil, the intervention put the belabored question of how to light the new kitchen finally to rest.

In short, there will be track lights. I have been promised that the track lights will not appear as if they belong in an office, or a prison, nor a prison office. It has also been promised that the lighting will be redone at no (financial) cost to me, should I be displeased with the outcome. Yeah-- I would totally get this in writing if I were me.

This article also made me feel much better.


...And tracklighting will go here, here, here, here, and here...




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I have no personal experience with track lighting, they are included in a many a sarcastic personal ad("My likes include long walks on the beach, miniturized animals and track lighting") so it's got to be good. And if you're going to have it, make sure you move them around a lot. Unnecessarily so. If you got the tracks you should use em, right?

And I'm pretty sure the London guy put that price on an old coatroom as a joke then a bunch of rich pricks jumped on it. I applaud his ability to keep a straight face.

Anonymous said...

eeek! 77 sq feet! thats madness! also puts the whole foot stomping "i must have a fence in the backyard NOW" thing in a bit of perspective.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can explain why track lighting has such a bad reputation? I don't get it.

David said...

We had track lighting in our last apartment. It was pretty tastefully done. Definitely get that guarantee in writing!