Part of me is sure that everything is going to work out just fine, and we'll have 3 extra hours in the airport with nothing to do but argue as always, and another part of me is gnawing the shit out of my cuticles and on the fringes of a full-on anxiety attack. Not sure which one of these two decided that a triple latte would be a good idea, but calm my nerves it did not.
Just thinking-- it's been a hell of a year. Hasn't it? I mean, it's not just me, right? This year has been off the charts crazy. More crazy even than the standard acceptably level of crazy (SALC, patent pending). And it's not even over yet. Far from.
Here are some things for which I am eternally thankful:
- My friends and family. Their health and incredible generosity regarding, amongst other things, baked goods.
- Lucrative position amongst good, caring folks (and the hardest part of most days being waking up and getting there).
- That Meredith has yet to hook up with McSteamy.
- Lattes. And xanax.
- Two, count them, two mix CD's from my best friend. (That's how us children of the 80's show love, y'all).
- The cabinets I wanted were in stock, and therefore half price.
- Comments from virtual strangers.
- Diversions such as lists.