Tuesday, May 23

The Vein of My Existence

I was up, showered, dressed, and all prettied up by 5:15 this morning. Seriously. Stick with me, here.
Off I went, down the road to work while it was still good and dark out. I wore my sunglasses anyway, was first in line to get my mocha, and slammed it down by the time I made it to work at 6:32am. Plenty of time/caffeine to get my act together before the scheduled 7:45am demo. Oh I may very well look like one of those people today, but I assure you that I am not. I was clearly not consulted when this meeting was scheduled.

I managed to somehow appear semi-conscious while my boss and I sat in the meeting room; pads on lap and pens in hand. I was raring to go. Ok ok, not raring. But I was there! And I was awake! 7:45... 8:00... wonder what's taking everyone else so long 8:05... 8:10... 8:15... Hm. Are we in the right room? 8:16... 8:17... it's starting to get awfully uncomfortable in here, just me and my boss. With absolutely nothing to talk about. 8:17...8:18.... Is this room getting smaller?...She gets up to go investigate, just in time to avoid the only thing I could conjure to discuss. Whew.

She returns seconds later to let me know that the meeting is tomorrow. At 7:45am.

"No biggie", she says and shrugs.


5 comments:

Scott said...

Don't you DARE let me catch you using my new bodygroom on your peach!

Chief Ninja Monkie said...

Ummm..seriously...I know we are friends and all, but knowledge of your "hair-grooming habits" is probably not a good idea for me, ya know?

honeykbee said...

You'll both sleep better knowing that I was only kidding. I'm natrually hairless.*

(*kinda makes staring at an eclipse seem like a good idea, huh?)

olkie said...

happy birthday K!

DaGince said...

I want a content censor bleeper for my personal use...something integrated into my voice box..bluetooth maybe...wireless technochocolate super reverse engineered curse canceling headphone jacks...I guess I just like that bluuuuop noise...