Monday, May 15

Six Months Under

Not satisfied with the original diagnosis of "fat but healthy", I met with Dr. SecondOpinion today who scribbled me some scripts and sent me to a lab for more bloodlettings. Wanting to do just about anything else, I managed to drag my sorry self to the gym and do 1.5 miles on the elliptical at level 5 before tunnel vision kicked in and I labored on home. Mistake number three was checking my work email. I received a hardcore pounding from my boss for leaving the office early to go to Dr. #2 as well as for (no, go on, guess) the frequent checking of my Yahoo mail. Once a mere joke, it now seems increasingly likely that I will actually be relieved of my employment for this offense.

I wrote back to her; a long, asskissy reply. Now I'm going to go hide my hanging head in chicken drumstick shame.

3 comments:

DaGince said...

Um like what did you do...you jobless one...

Lola said...

have you thought of setting up a proxy to check your email?

sorry to hear that your place of employment is so lame like that.. :( why do they even bother letting you get to those websites if they are just going to bitch at you about it in the long run.. asshats. :(

verification word: yraved

Anonymous said...

Would you like to me speak with someone on your behalf about this?