Monday, July 25

I Will Not Waste Chalk, I Will Not Waste Chalk, I Will Not Waste Chalk...

Outrage interrupted our mindless and beloved Sunday night Chinese-and-Boob-Tube ritual when the following phrase appeared immediately prior to the familiar fluting of the Simpsons opening theme:

""This episode contains discussions of same-sex marriage. Parental discretion is advised."

Parental discretion is advised?! Are they kidding?! I mean, "discretion" isn't even a word, is it?!

Oh wait, no. That is the way you spell it. Well I'll be darned.

Anyway, I figured it must be a joke. Those wacky Simpsons writers. Always keep the comedy coming from different angles. Surely the network who brought us such franchises as "Temptation Island", "Wildest Police Videos", "The OC", and "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire" couldn't possibly be concerned about offending our senses, could they?!

*Sigh*

I was pretty much over it by the time the steamed dumplings arrived and Entourage came on.


No comments: