Friday, March 18

Palm Boogie

It was a brief and blissful moment when I learned that I had passed my SANS GSEC practical; yep, thats the paper that I've been pissing and moaning about since July. Passed with flying colors, I might add *back pat*. I even did a spontaneous little boogie in my office when I got the news. My palms were on their third or fourth air pump when I realized that this meant I not only had to take a 4hr exam before Sunday's deadline, but that some of my illustrious colleagues were watching my boogie from the hallway.

It also came to my attention that the exam site's system is scheduled to be down on Saturday for maintenance. So, I hurried to further my ongoing intimate relationship with delusion, and invested $60 in some practice exams. Took them 24 hours to arrive electronically and I was up until 3am today earning a 44% and 45% on said exams. Brilliant!

Even with a collection of Linux, Unix, Windows, and polilcy genii onhand (read: on IM) and at the ready, the test was called to a halt (at the point rendered unpassable) 3.25 hours later and on question 98 of 100. "We're so sorry" it read.
Liars.
Time of death, 2:44pm. I was 2 questions away from passing.

The good news is that I got to write a nastygram to the certification people (if you had seen the questions on that exam you would have, too. I've got screenshots of all of them if you'd like to check 'em out and sign my petition) and, if I can stay awake, we're going to go to a comedy show tonight with Joel and Sarah.

And that, in the words of Suzanne Stone, that pretty much brings us up to date.

1 comment:

Scottie said...

::hugs::