Sunday, July 3

Don't Have to Live Like a Refugee

For those keeping a tally, the "altercations with strangers" count is now up to 4 (5 if you include the blow out temper tantrum I had at 5:15am on Tuesday when my mother, who claimed to be "trying to be quiet" when she was really asking my very-much-sleeping-and-did-not-have-to-be-up-for-over-an-hour-for-work body what it wanted for breakfast. When I responded "nothing, go away!" she then asked "no bagel? No orange juice?". Yes, this is the same woman from whose womb I emerged. And not once since that blessed moment have I ever wanted or requested anything, let alone a meal, before 9am. However, I guess in some parts of the Northeast, snoring indicates a dire need for vitiman C and a schmear). When she continued to "try to be quiet" by asking me for technical help with the hotel modem, I flung out of bed and smashed some stupid White Rain mini-shampoo bottles all over the bathroom. I haven't had a tantrum like that since the Reagan administration (the first one). It was horribly unsatisfying. Those little bottles just don't shatter like they should.

Anyway, my final trip for work couldn't have come at a better time. It is definitely time for me to be off of the road and away from the general and inconceivably inconsiderate public.



All things considered, had a great time in Vegas. In the end, all of my charges were comped, I got to spend some quality time with some great people, and I totally broke even (even including a shopping spree at Sephora with Michelle). Oh hey, on that note, please consider this another fabulous opportunity to learn from my mistakes; plumping lipgloss? Yeah, that shit burns. Please consider applying hydrochloric acid directly to your unarmed face instead.

Muskogee grasshopper. L'il trouper hung in there for about 2 miles, at 70mph!


Fried pickles. Seriously.


Hubcaps... hubcaps.... one... two.. three??


Unceremoniously flipped off by a stranger in the Tulsa airport. (No, she was not one of the illustrious 5).


Jelly fish at the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef



Insert your own Sigfried and Roy joke here.


Mr. Pink, Mr. White, Mr. Blonde, and Mr. Brown get lost in Nevada



Vegas lights


Shane and Karen at the Mirage


Michelle and Karen at the Mirage



Jacuzzi view from our suite at the Luxor


Dolphins at Sigfried's


My number one fan inspects plastic roadkill.



Duck season, wabbit season...




Michelle and her Jonathan

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a FUN visit. I think this should start a tradition for a once annual visit to mi casa in Vegas! Next time you should bring your dude. ;)