Sunday, June 19

And I Won't. Back. Down.

Lysa and Stan met B and I in Camden, NJ for Petty/Crowes show #2! We got there mega early to avoid phishesque traffic and had our own little party in the form of an asphalt picnic. Mmm.. grapes and Cranium Whoonu!


But not, me, bay-bee, I've got you, to, saave me...

The show rocked; Tom was in a noticeably better mood than he was in Tampa. None of that "we're just getting started!!" then ending 15 minutes later crap. No one likes a grumpy Tom. No one likes when an over-enthusiastic fan screams repeatedly in your ear, either. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a true fan lovin' on Mr. Tom. I can share. And I quote (all in one seemingly unreal operetic and cacophanic breath)
Yeah, Tom Petty! I love you, Tom Petty! You rock, Tom Petty! WhooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Tom Petty you are the best!! WahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I love you, Tom Petty!

Great, right? What's not to like? Well, I'm glad you asked. Because this chicks shrieking pierced my very existence. Not to mention my medulla oblongata. My standard Brooklyn-Girl death glare did not have its desired result. Or any result for that matter. She completely ignored me and went about her lunacy. Unbelievable. Figured I was pretty much out of ammunition. What's a girl to do, ya know? I'm just trying to hear the band. The band, incidentally, that I crossed 6 state borders to see... but I couldn't even hear my own thoughts, let alone Tom's. WTF? There's like 180 acres of grass and this inebriated jackass has to stand all up in my plot!? Left with no choice, or so it seemed at the time, I turned around and screamed in her face. Loudly. Super loudly. I scared the piss out of her. Pretty much out of myself, too. It was awesome. I could finally hear the actual Mr. Petty singing instead of his drunkest blonde fan.

No I won't. Back. Down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that was funny enough for me to comment. Laughed out loud, damn funny.
"Tom Petty you fuckin' rooooock"
"wooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
GLOL.

Anonymous said...

You neglected to mention your telling some random rude stand-in-front-of-you-dude that your best friend has MS just to make him feel like the ass that he is.

And no mention of how the screecher girl bumped into you and you threatened her life?!

"Back off!"