Friday, April 15

I Left My Heart...

After kicking off the last test (which refuses to fininsh in a timely fashion) we decided to hit the city. Donna's friend Wendy suggested we take the ferry from Oakland into San Francisco and what a suggestion it was! Taking the ferry under the bay bridge and seeing the city grow out of the horizon was nothing short of fantastic. Donna and Patty and I waited for the ferry at Jack London square, then walked over to fishermans wharf where we noshed on seafood and "real" sourdough, visited my (fine, the) sea lions at pier 39, partook in some serious waffle conage, walked over to Ghirdelli square, sat on the beach overlooking the Golden Gate bridge, took a wild cable car ride, ate downtown at Lefty O'Doul's, and had an absolute blast that, for me, made the whole travelling-for-work thing worthwhile.

All tolled I took roughly 200,000 pictures today. I will spare you but a few.









*bark bark bark bark bark* Ah, can't you just smell them??








Potential airport TSA Agent: "Um, excuse me miss, what is this that fell out of your pant leg?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spewing coffee all over my hotel room!!! dmk

Beakerz said...

Fall in love, I say! Maybe that's why I wasn't so upset you were gone as much as last time as I knew it would give you a chance to 'bond' with my city.
Though, with your 20,000 pictures, you coulda gotten a close up of MY bridge. humpf ;)
Glad to have you back in my arms my love

Anonymous said...

Your city, your bridge!!! I beg to differ!! Hrumph!